Business and Finance
Which pathways are offered?
- Business Management —This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
- Finance—This pathway prepares students to manage policy and strategy and implement them for an organization's capital structure, budgeting, acquisition and investment, financial modeling and planning, funding, dividends, and taxation.
- International Business—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Real Estate Appraiser
- Property Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Bill and Account Collector
- Administrative Services Manager
- Benefits Specialist
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Property Manager—$59,660/year
- Bill and Account Collector—$38,100/year
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 9, 2021. Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- NOCTI General Management Exam
- NOCTI Financial and Managerial Accounting Exam
- NOCTI Advertising and Design Exam
- A*S*K Entrepreneurship/Management Exam
- A*S*K Finance Exam
- A*S*K* Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam
- Microsoft Office Certifications (Excel, Word)
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification
***Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.