Is Online Learning Right for You?
As the parent of a California student who wants academic achievement and enrichment culminating in an accredited high school diploma, iQ Academy of California – Los Angeles (IQLA) may be the right choice for you. IQLA is ideal for:
- Students looking for a high-quality alternative to their current school
- Struggling students
- Advanced learners
- Military families
- Athletes and performers
- Children who are homebound
- Previously homeschooled students seeking an academically rigorous, accredited education
IQLA online courses in language arts, math, science, social studies, world languages, and electives are taken online—anywhere a student has internet access.
Online learning provides an engaging and effective means to comprehend and achieve mastery of course content and earn credits toward graduation. It also builds computer technology and higher-order thinking skills that are critical for success in today's digital age.
Particularly for the middle and high school years, online learning requires the ability to work independently and the discipline to stay on track. While online learning lets students set their own schedule, they must still progress at a pace that enables them to meet assignment and test deadlines and complete coursework within the semester.
Students who have a high probability of success in online learning generally display the following characteristics:
- Self-motivated and exhibits maturity
- Possesses reading and writing skills at or above current grade level
- Willing to ask the teacher for help
- Exhibits organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with using technology
- Realistic expectations of online learning courses